Product Applications Engineer – Power management for micro energy harvesting
Trameto Role 2101 | Chepstow, UK
Trameto is an award-winning start-up developing omni-adaptive Power Management ICs; to enable micro energy harvesting to power self-sustaining sensors in the Internet of Things. You will join our ambitious world-class team based near Chepstow UK, just off the M48.
The role is to design, develop and support technology demonstrators, evaluation kits and product reference designs that showcase Trameto’s products. This involves talking with customers and partners to capture requirements along with working alongside Trameto’s engineering team to understand and help define our products. You will be comfortable promoting Trameto’s solutions to a potential customer, technology collaborators and investors.
This is an excellent opportunity to be an early entrant into a growing technology start-up for someone with strong technical abilities and excellent communication skills.
- Develop technology demonstrators, reference designs and evaluation kits
- Produce high-quality supporting collateral, such as datasheets and application notes
- Be the technical interface between customers/partners and internal engineering teams
- As a technical ‘voice of the customer’, contribute to the specification and feature set of Trameto’s product lines
- Write technical reports, communicate problems, progress and achievements
- Ensure the high quality, reliability and fitness for purpose of key deliverables
Skills and experience:
- At least two years of experience in analogue, digital and mixed-signal circuit design
- A familiarity with low-power circuit design, preferably gained in the semiconductor industry
- A solid understanding of basic buck and boost DC-DC converters
- PCB circuit design and layout
- Familiarity with bench testing of mixed-signal circuits using standard lab test equipment; PCB rework; trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Experience of embedded software development, e.g., C/C++ with STM32, version control
- Experience of scripting and/or software programming for test, e.g., Python
- Preferably a first-class degree in Electronic Engineering or similar from a leading university
- Ability to work and interact with remotely located teams
- A self-starter, having a flexible approach, with the ability to work to achieve deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, great team-working and a strong creative streak
You must be eligible to work in the UK. When appropriate, some international travel will be required. Trameto is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.